The Manuscripts & Pictorial site is for everyone. If you have any questions about accessibility, or suggestions for how we could make our website more accessible, please contact us.
Contact us for accessibility help with this website
Access keys are keyboard shortcuts that have been added as a way of navigating to common website links and page features. This website has the following access keys:
To use these shortcut keys hold down the ALT key (PC) or CONTROL key (Apple Macintosh) and then one of the keys in the list above. In some browsers you may have to press ENTER to confirm your choice. In the Opera 7 browser press SHIFT-ESC, release those keys, and then press your chosen access key.
There are common keyboard shortcuts that can make text bigger within your browser.
- Open the View menu by pressing ALT + V.
- Select Text Size by pressing X.
- In the Text Size list, move to the text size option you want by pressing the UP ARROW or DOWN ARROW key.
- Press ENTER.
Access to full text
By default, material on this website is displayed as JPEG images. Some documents are also available in full text. The text has been input from a variety of sources and may not be 100% accurate. See the Translators' Notes page for more information
- Donald McLean, 1820-1877
- Scope and Contents
- Arrangement and Custodial History
- Series 1 - Letters written to Donald McLean (in English)
- Series 2 - Letters written to Donald McLean (in Māori)
- Series 3 - Donald McLean's Letter Books
- Series 4 - Drafts and fragments of letters written by Donald McLean
- Series 5 - Donald McLean's diaries and notebooks
- Series 6 - Telegrams to and from Donald McLean
- Series 7 - Donald McLean's official papers
- Series 8 - Maps
- Series 9 - Letters written to Donald McLean by family members
- Series 13 - Other papers
- Transcriptions and Translations